Friday, September 11, 2009

Tablet strip, Guitar and Raju ...

     Title sounds crazy, isn't it ? Well, the video is crazier. Raju (Rajendra Vellury aka Chota Father) is the craziest of all guitarists I have met. Once I gifted him T-shirt with "Remember my name, you will be screaming it later" written on it.  :-)
     Around a couple of years ago, my routine was pretty interesting. All day I used to be at work, learning great stuff everyday and at night friends used to gather at our house at matunga, where Quasi and i were staying. Of those, Raju and Chavri were permanent members. :-) One evening, we were just sitting and discussing something, when Raju picked up the guitar and a tablet strip and started playing. Fortunately, I had the camera besides me and I started recording him playing. It turned out great, no doubt about it. When I told Raju that i am uploading this video on youtube , he laughed and said "I will record something good for you". It took a couple of years for it, to make it to youtube though.
     While he was playing, pirate made his presence felt. Pirate was a stray dog, whom we used to feed sometimes. Raju named him Pirate, probably because he could see only with one eye. Pirate was the guardian of that area, specially at nights.  Probably the only dog, whom i might have fed. Felt good after remembering him. Well, one more reason to like Raju's video. :-)












2 comments:

  1. we lived those days! :D i still remember when u recorded this video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice video! Razoo rules, as always. He has done some crazy stuff. I remember that party at Challengers on my bro's budday where a completely sloshed Raju came into the hall wildly waving an empty beer bottle around. It had taken 6 or 7 of us to control him and take that bottle out of his hand. And then later chav took him into the kitchen to scold him and he was looking just like a naughty school kid, looking down at his feet all the time, but no shred of guilt on his face! hehehe good times....

    ReplyDelete