Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kolkata short trip, December 2007

     I visited kolkata in December 2007 on my way back, when I had gone for the YHAI trek to Sandakphu, West Bengal (Darjeeling). In Kolkata, I  stayed at Mr. Partha's place, whom I first met on the same YHAI trek. I visited Belur Math, Dakshineshwar Temple, Howrah Bridge, Victoria Memorial hall, Science city etc. I did not get to interact with many localities, though. I had delicious Bengali fish preparations by Mrs. Partha (I call her Jyotiji). That was the best part of my Kolkata stay. :-) Great company and visit to nice places made my trip memorable.
     While roaming in  Kolkata, during my one and a half days stay, I clicked few snaps and took short videos. Later, I compiled a short video about places I visited in Kolkata and added a nice soundtrack in the background. Here is the video.


4 comments:

  1. Nice video dude.

    Funny that you mention Jyotiji, and immediately say that that was the best part of your stay! :-) Is there something you aren't telling us? :-) Middle aged bengali women are supposed to be quite promiscuous!
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivek, i was trying to say that bengali meal was the best part of my trip and i respect Jyotiji.
    I must consider myself to be very luck to meet these people (Mr. Partha's and Mr. Sadique's families). I met them for the first time and i was with them for the entire trip. They even allow me to stay at there place at Kolkata. I was touched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Percy, looks like you had a ball of a time. That was a brilliant travel account and the video was very well made too. Thanks a lot for sharing.
    Keep exploring different places and do post your experiences !! Cheers :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Percy..It was a great things you shared. Thanks for sharing your experiences thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete